Skincare Mistakes That Could Be Breaking You Out

5:00 PM


I have always stressed, and known how important a good skincare routine is. Morning and night, its really important to take good care of you skin on a daily basis. It brings so many benefits to the skin, and you can really see a difference in your skin, after you have been doing your routine for a while. However, sometimes, there are mistakes in your skincare routine, which may actually be making your skin worse. I have made so many of these and I can assure you, once I stopped them, my skin got so much better, so fast! These are just the things that helped me out, and could maybe help you out too! Comment below if you have any mistakes that you know of, that I haven't mentioned.

OVER EXFOLIATING
Looking back 2 years ago, I used to scrub my face everyday. I used to use St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which is quite harsh. This is so bad for your skin! It strips all of the essential oils out of the skin, and dries your skin out so badly! I now use a very gentle exfoliator a few times a week, but it is much more gentle than the apricot scrub! The more gentle, the better. Its also just way to harsh on your skin!

SKIPPING MOISTURISER
This is something that I was very guilty of a few months ago. I used to only apply moisturiser in the morning, before makeup, but never at night. If your like me, and you have oily skin, then you may think you don't need more moisture, but you do. If you cleanse and tone your skin, if you don't re-moisture your skin with an oil free moisturiser, your skin will over produce oil, causing more blocked pores, and in result, more acne! So make sure you never skip moisturiser!

NOT REMOVING MAKEUP BEFORE BED
This is something that I always make sure to do. I always remove my makeup before bed. If you don't, your skin won't be able to breath through the night, which is when your skin is supposed to repair itself. Your pores will get blocked, and you will probably end up breaking out within a few days! 

SQUEEZING/PICKING ACNE
This is one of the worst things you can do! Squeezing acne, can spread bacteria, and can actually leave a scar behind. Its very bad for the skin, your better to just apply an acne medication / spot treatment on to the area instead!

USING ACNE MEDICATION / SPOT TREATMENTS AFTER MOISTURISER
When you apply an acne medication, make sure you do it on bare skin. No serum, no moisturiser. Applying it on top can actually make it less effective, because it has to fight through the other products to work, instead of working instantly on the acne. So always apply it, let it dry, then apply your creams!

Talk soon!
Chloe, xo


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow My Blog on Bloglovin

Follow